Do you want to prepare the typical granadina tortilla at home?
Prepare the tortilla of the Sacromonte of Granada. As is well known, the Sacromonte tortilla is one of the most characteristic dishes of Andalusian cuisine and in particular in the Sacromonte district of Granada.
The difference with the famous Spanish tortilla is that in the preparation of the recipe the Sacromonte tortilla involves the use of the entrails and other ingredients such as peas or walnuts.
In Granada there are several varieties of tortilla and in particular its preparation is linked to the day of San Cecilio and to the Sacromonte Abbey. The recipe is really simple. Let's find out.
Recipe to prepare the Sacromonte tortilla in Granada
The ingredients for a tortilla for 4 people are: 6 eggs, about 100 grams of lamb brain, 150 grams of lamb's milk, a beef marrow, a glass of white wine, salt, a tablespoon of oil and a bay leaf. .
Step by step recipe:
- Clean the brain and offal by cooking them in water.
- Pour in the white wine, bay leaf and salt.
- Bring to the boil and after five minutes place everything in a container.
- In a pan with water and salt, boil the marrow in the same way.
- When the brain and offal are cold, cut them into small pieces and mix them with the eggs previously beaten together with the marrow.
- Finally, pour the oil into a pan with the eggs and other freshly cooked ingredients.
- Cook the tortilla until golden brown.
The game is done. Enjoy this delicious tortilla from the Sacromonte of Granada.